- This event has passed.
2015 2nd Annual Emanuel Project Art Contest Open for Submissions
Aug 10, 2015
We are so excited to announce the opening of our 2nd Annual Emanuel Project National Art Contest! Our 2014 inaugural art contest was a huge success so it was decided to extend our invitation to include ALL DJJ, YDC and JDC facilities that wish to participate. This year will include a 4th category for mixed media. General information regarding rules and prizes are listed below and attached you will find the formal entry form as well as contest rules
- Each person must submit an application for the media they are participating in (Pencil, Colored Pencil, Watercolor, or Mixed Media).
- ONLY 1 SUBMISSION PER STUDENT
- Submission must not contain gang related artwork or language (*Artwork should be tasteful as it will represent your facility nationally)
- Submission must be photographed and emailed or faxed WITHthe application by midnight of the contest deadline. NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ENTERD
- Entries will be reviewed and posted on our website for national/international, anonymous voting beginning on opening day and closing midnight of the final day of competition. (*Any entry that is found to contain inappropriate artwork or does not meet entry guidelines for that category may be remitted with request for clarification if prior to contest deadline.)
- Originals artwork may be requested to utilized to create prints that will be auctioned or sold for fund raising opportunities.
- 1st Place (Chosen for each media): 1st Place Ribbon, Art set, $100 gift card for a Pizza Party
- 2nd Place (Chosen for each media): 2nd Place Ribbon,Set of Pencils, Colored Pencils or Watercolor, $50 gift card for Pizza Party
- 3rd Place (Chosen for each media): 3rd Place Ribbon, $25 gift card for Pizza Party
- Best In Show: (Chosen from 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners in all categories by Celebrity Judging Panel): Best in Show Ribbon, Art Class with Emanuel Martinez for winner and other students interested in participating)
All winners will have their artwork showcased on the Emanuel Project Website and Facebook Page for one full year.